Compressor Id

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hello every one!! i have bought an old compressor and i have used it until the belt broke into pieces probably because of its age. I would like to buy a repalcement but my problem is I dont know the brand and model of this compressor. Can anyone recognize it? TIA
IMG_3843.jpg
IMG_3844.JPG
IMG_3846.JPG
IMG_3847.JPG
IMG_3841.JPG

Have you tried bringing the belt over to your local auto store or agricultural machinery suppliers? If you are near Manila, Soler, Benavidez or Gindara in the Sta Cruz/Binondo area would be a good place to look. Are there surviving markings on the belt? You might want to google it.

Word of caution-you need the exact belt or part number equivalent or it can lead to serious damage to your pistons/connecting rods. The people at the shops might convince you to get something which is "close".

Word of caution-you need the exact belt or part number equivalent or it can lead to serious damage to your pistons/connecting rods. The people at the shops might convince you to get something which is "close".

Why is this? (I am not disputing it, I just fail to understand why).
And by the way it happens that there are inch size belts that are very close to metric one, that even if it doesn't damage something it causes very fast wear.
If you can't find it in Philippines let me know, I know a company that sends things to me frequently and they have good knowledge on belts (had to replace several on other machines and they went thru the details with me and than ordered the right one). (They take the time because I am a large customer of other products). But finding it locally is sure better....
Also have a look that the "new" belt is not very old or was stored in sunlight....

I don't know the valve setup. There could be mismatch between one stage feeding to the next forcing a cylinder to accept gas at it's TDC position. And here in the Philippines, chances are you will not get good advice from the seller. It's always wise to do your own research first.

Or maybe I was thinking more about replacing the belt without the gears being properly indexed. This could also cause excessive vibration if the two shafts were designed to cancel out each others vibration.

I don't know the valve setup. There could be mismatch between one stage feeding to the next forcing a cylinder to accept gas at it's TDC position. And here in the Philippines, chances are you will not get good advice from the seller. It's always wise to do your own research first.

IS it driving valves? I didn't know that....I thought it just drives the oil pump...but again I don't know....I am only interested in learning more.

IS it driving valves? I didn't know that....I thought it just drives the oil pump...but again I don't know....I am only interested in learning more.
Yes. I think you're right. It's only driving the oil pump. And most of these compressors use reed valves so no issues with pistons hitting mushroom valve heads.

Last edited:
So maybe the belt is not that critical. There is a plaque near the oil line. Maybe Dennis can post a bigger picture.
Untitled.jpg

send the picture to bauer it looks a little like my K14s drive for the oil pump and the head visible looks like a real old bauer. My bauer K14-85 has a oil connection on the 4th stage floating piston.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom