Compressor Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamitc

New
Reaction score
I know there has been lots of post on this type of compressor but not his model.I have been give a compressor that I can not find info about. It is a Stewart Warner/ Southwind corp 15 CFM 3500psi 4 stage compressor looks alot like the 4 cfm models at protech. Protech has no info so I was hoping someone here may. from reading previous post I think that Mobil Jet II is the oil I need don't know how much. I have a 5HP honda motor but don't know if it will be enough. Don't know what RPM. I will only be using it for air, no mixes. Any help would be appreciated

The military version, model 12021A, used a 20 hp gas engine, 3500 rpm. I don't know what oil, Anderol 500 or Chemlube 501 should be OK. Tech manual, TM5-4310-346-34.
Pesky

thanks for you help. Hope I will be able to get it to work
Jason

Pesky, I read somewhere that the newer formulation of Anderol 500 wasn't recommended for breathing air compressors. I don't know it it is fact or fiction.

Anderol 555 is the new version of 500, a 30W oil. I see that Hamworthy recommends Anderol 555. There are knock offs like Amsoil DCK which is not recommended for breathing air. Many of the former users of Anderol 500 including Bauer have moved on to a heavier oil like Anderol 755 (SAE-40). It looks like 555 is OK to use in some high pressure compressors with modern filtration systems. The parameters of the big SW compressor seem to suggest a medium weight diester like 555.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom