Compressor for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
But you can't take it home until I get the other compressor running, but I'm trying to spark interest now.

Much prefer local pickup, drop off, or meet someplace, compressor is currently at home in Watauga TX

It pumps around 3.5 CFM, this is what it includes

Compressor with frame
Spare compressor block and some parts like spare heads for some of the stages.
Owners Manual
Belt and Pulley for electric hookup (motor not included)
HP flexible hose
Check valve
Small filter stack (tall stack pictured not included)
Custom made Mako filter adapter (cuts filter costs in half)
Two mako filters for short stack (charcol filters)
Mostly full container of new synthetic oil
Compressor has two seperators on it that go with the compressor.
New 3rd stage seperator dump thumb screw (I have it, just too lazy to swap it out at the moment the one on it needs replaced, already have the new one standing by)

What the new owner will need to start pumping:
A motor (gas or electric)
Additional filtration OR standard mako filter for included stack (the charcol filters I have for it do not have any drying agent in it as the small stack is currently used for "finishing")
Priority Valve
Pressure gauge
Fill whip

Selling due to purchase of another compressor.

Questions or comments, let me know.

Not sure about an asking price yet, I'm thinking around 900.

Attachments

• IMG_1517.JPG
    IMG_1517.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1518.JPG
    IMG_1518.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 73
Any takers yet? I have to chuckle because I wonder where all those divers are at that think air is "free". I guess it's free once you pay for the compressor , get the filters, buy some oil, etc. :rofl3: Thought you might could use a bump in this thread also.

Air is free.. it's getting it to 3600 psi that's so damn expensive.

... for air it will never pay for itself. I can't imagine you guys are able to make a profit pumping air. But for nitrox or trimix, that's another story. Oxygen is dirt cheap; 300 cuft for $20 and that makes a lot of 32. Helium is pretty cheap too. The gas cost for a 21/35 fill (say 250 cuft) is about $20 vs about $70 at some popular Florida dive shops and I can't imagine what 21/35 would cost here.

Trimix in North Texas is expensive. When you can find it.

I have a friend that spends over $200 for breathing gas to dive Eagles Nest.
Rebreather gas costs $60.00 Humm, rebreathers pay for themselves at dives over 200ft.

Not all trimix stations are the equal...
Consumer needs to do there research.

Debra's shop is one that I would use.

Andrew

Snip
FIXXERVI6:
... I can't imagine what 21/35 would cost here.

:surrender:Hey I was just talking about air. Deep breath..... just talking about air, and how people say that air is free. :bump:

Yikes....

Debra,
I for one have never said, nor do I believe, that air is free. I very much appreciate that someone else (SI Scuba) is willing to take on the task of pumping the air that I so desperately need.

I can't imagine having to deal with the headache of insuring quality, purity, no oil, no CO, etc in breathing gas; and I am just talking about plain, ole air. Don't get me started about mixing other exotic blends.

Haven't been diving in a few weeks. To quote Andrew, 'My webbed feet are starting to crack'. Peace. Y'all have fun! Hope to be in the water somewhere in about two weeks.
JR

Someone mention GAS,,,of late I have had my share of that!!! :mooner: :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom