Comprehensive Pattaya Dive Site Information Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was also my impression of Jamie's wonderful wreck diving adventures. Seemed most of the wreck diving on his team's sonar was all deeper than recreational limits. So for recreational wreck diving, Pattaya seems to take first prize in Thailand.

You're right , the wrecks you've got there are perfect, the Hardeep had me hooked on my 5th ever dive

Your'e right again about our wrecks , they're between 45-80m. Nothing to stop you doing some tec training though!

We had a shallow one once, a 500 ton steel ferry sank in 27m right in front of our dive shop . Unfortunately they lifted her , cleaned her up a bit and she was working again in 2 weeks.

The MV Trident is going to be retired this year and there's a chance we'll be able to sink her in recreational depths.

It's a shame we don't ever get the chance to have one of the ex-navy ships, perhaps they'll let us have the next one...

Yes, new one on the way, very similar spec, steel hulled twin engined, but much , much newer!

The old Trident has been good to us, mechanically she's spot-on but the yard bills for new steel each year have got very high.

For the sort of distances we do, we need a very strong boat, sometimes we can be stuck in a storm for 24 hours and we don't want any accidents!

My plan, if we can't sell the boat as she stands, is to sell the engines @ 500K each, generators, electronics, props, shafts and then clean and sink the hull.

A lot of work, but I think we'll have fun doing it

You're right , the wrecks you've got there are perfect, the Hardeep had me hooked on my 5th ever dive

Your'e right again about our wrecks , they're between 45-80m. Nothing to stop you doing some tec training though!

We had a shallow one once, a 500 ton steel ferry sank in 27m right in front of our dive shop . Unfortunately they lifted her , cleaned her up a bit and she was working again in 2 weeks.

The MV Trident is going to be retired this year and there's a chance we'll be able to sink her in recreational depths.

It's a shame we don't ever get the chance to have one of the ex-navy ships, perhaps they'll let us have the next one...

Jamie.....If you search round enough you might find one of the planes floating about that was sunk in Phuket :lol:

Back
Top Bottom