Completed Rescue Diver Training.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just completed it last weekend - I can agree that it is hard work.... I really feel a much greater a sense of achievement passing this one than anything else I have done thus far.... can't wait to do DM now :D

Congrats! I really should look into taking the course.
my opinion .. everyone should take rescue
.. and to those who think that you should be getting more dives before taking it, rubbish, as long as you have decent buoyancy control and are comfortable you should take it sooner rather than later .. besides, just how many dives do you need before taking a course that makes you a better diver and dive buddy?

.. and to those who think that you should be getting more dives before taking it, rubbish, as long as you have decent buoyancy control and are comfortable you should take it sooner rather than later .. besides, just how many dives do you need before taking a course that makes you a better diver and dive buddy?

Yep, If anything it will highlight your weak points so that you can work to correct these weak points.

Actually it's easier to take now... if you look on the PADI site the prerequisite for AOW has been dropped.... you can do it with the only Adventure Diver qual. under your belt now... personally I see both sides of the coin... I think if you have a few more dives under your belt you can pull from experience... if you do it with say 20 dives and 1/2 of those being check-outs it is all theory.... on the other hand you do end up with at least an idea of what to do in a given situation even if it is harder to relate to the real world. I also think that the course puts so much emphasis on oxygen provision that the Oxygen provider course should be a prerequisite too...

DAN O2 provider ... took that with my rescue class,was only a tiny bit more to get the full cert

I had only 14 OW dives when I took rescue.
I took it because a warm water vacation diver friend wanted to do her first cold water dive here and I wanted to be as prepared for anything that might happen.

Funny , we started our first OW Rescue class in viz of about 3 foot or less (could not see my fins or ankles, red tide) ... that was interesting to say the least .. the days training was called when the other divers failed to find the anchor point in 24 feet of water ... my buddy and I were the only ones to think to descend the line and thereby be assured of finding it

The point being, that I was better for taking it then even with as few dives as I had ...though I do plan on retaking it at some time in the future (some instructors even offer it at a substantial discount for a refresher)

Back
Top Bottom