Complement to Raja Ampat (Feb 2021)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see no problema there. It took me 2-hour boat ride from RADL to So-wrong last time, back in Nov 2010.

I see no problema there. It took me 2-hour boat ride from RADL to So-wrong last time, back in Nov 2010.
What I'm saying is issued from a mail coming right from RADL written last week : they recommended me not booking any flight departing before 2PM.

I checked Papua Explorers transfer services, on their side they inform their shuttle departs at 6AM, in this case you could obviously book any flight flying from 11AM on.

What I'm saying is issued from a mail coming right from RADL written last week : they recommended me not booking any flight departing before 2PM.

I checked Papua Explorers transfer services, on their side they inform their shuttle departs at 6AM, in this case you could obviously book any flight flying from 11AM on.

RADL owner (at least at the time) is a very nice Balinese who also owns the Grand Komodo liveaboard fleets. He was there at the time. I chatted with him during dinner time. Like typical Balinese, if possible they will help you with smiles.

I’ve been on his liveaboards once in Raja Ampat & twice in Komodo. They are good, clean budget liveaboards with experienced local DMs (not bulé). I highly recommend them for those who want to do liveaboard on budget. Good value for the money.

Yeah I've already stayed at RADL in 2014, they had 3 guides from Manado and Flores (Ruteng, would you imagine a dive guide from Ruteng ?!?...well one of my favorite dive guide in Manado is Toraja origin...), two of them diving for me since the resort was almost empty with another couple apart us, I heard one of the Manado guides left for DIA Ambon.
I was hoping to return in august, time where I usually dive Bali and Nusa Tenggara, but really ... I checked the itinerary and found the transfers from/to were a PITA with so much wasted time.
I'll probably go around April and focus on R4 / N-Sulawesi region in order to limit transfer times..

If one arrives late in Bali, my recommendation is to stay at the airport Novotel. You just walk over and check in. Ignore the taxi touts and follow the signs. Does get the tiniest bit confusing after you've taken the outside walkover but hang the first left and you'll find your way. Arrange with your Tulamben or Padang Bai hotel to pick you up from the Novotel the next morning.

Awesome info, thanks all! Let me go see what works for the dive buddies...

Wakatobi has other options thant the infamous Wakatobi Dive Resort. There are actual "normal" priced hotel and dive center, that allows person on a budget to discover the arquipelago.

It is not the best places for big fish, but i would not call it overrated either. On my own opinion (maybe biased by the fact i decided to move there) the coral reefs are amongt the most pristrine you would find in Indonesia and you can be 99% sure not to see any other diver during your whole trip .

Wakatobi has other options thant the infamous Wakatobi Dive Resort. There are actual "normal" priced hotel and dive center, that allows person on a budget to discover the arquipelago.

Any recommendations??

You could consider our Weda Resort. Excellent time of the year.

Back
Top Bottom