compiling videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highlandfarmwv

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I shot some video with my digital camera. Now each shot is in a separate file. How do I combine them to make one video? I have Windows XP home edition. Or XP professional.

Thank you very much!

PS I can get it to combine on "playlist" of windows media player, but when I try to transfer it to a CD, a can't play back the CD. Thanks!

What software are you using for the videos? Just Windows Media Player? I'd get a reasonably priced software package that can import the file format you are creating in and then dump to a CD/DVD. Even an older version of Adobe Premiere Elements would be fine if it supports your file format.

Is the output avi files? Google for a freeware program called "virtualdub". I think it will do a simple merge/join of AVI files.

Any simple/cheap (for example, other freeware) program for compiling QT files?

My wife's camera uses the QT format for its video while mine uses .avi which will "compile" (or at least run sequentially) by just highlighting/clicking on a group of .avi files. But QuickTime will only open one file at a time.

XP has windows movie maker for a starting point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom