competition on curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, Playa Kalki is the Kura Hulanda house reef. I think it is also called Alice in Wonderland. There's a nice little pier at the dive shop so if you rent your tanks from the shop, you can now enter there. Ocean Encounters also has its own parking lot and stairs separate from the hotel. I think if you bring your own tanks, you are supposed to enter at the beach and not use the shop's facilities but I have no idea how strict they are about that. Either way, it's all the same reef. Also, the hotel runs a little beach bar and grill which has a shady deck perfect for a SIT. You can also go up the cliff to the lodge and eat there.

We thought the reef was great. We also loved Watamula. It is just around the corner, a little further north from Playa Kalki. The only problem is that I don't think it is very diveable from shore. There was no access that I could see and we did it as a drift from the boat because of the changeable currents in that area. It's just a bit too far to swim to from the dive shop although my husband rented a little scuba scooter from the shop and was able to get there using it. The dive shop does a two tank trip to Mushroom Forest and Watamula on Thursday and Saturday, but they also do afternoon one-tank Watamula-only dives if they get enough people to run the boat. I'd highly recommend going out there if you get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom