Compatible spare mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm guessing older? Not really sure.

If the bottom of mouthpiece feels like low grit sandpaper.... you'll know. :)

the older ones were really flimsy, like normal soft silicone mouthpieces, just in the comfobite-esque shape and they had a really long stem. They're garbage. The new ones appear to be identical, so I'll grab a pair and see.

Edit: DGX just said the first shipment arrived on Dec 9th, so if you got them before then, they're definitely the old ones.

old and ******
dx-70193_1a.jpg

New and hopefully sexy
dx-701980_1.jpg

Quick update.
The Cressi mouthpiece has arrived, it's a bit smaller than the Apeks I have (approx 4mm along the widest diameter) but it's elastic enough to fit anyway though. As a spare it works well enough, but next time I will look for a proper sized one.

In the meanwhile I've found the SeaCure Custom Mouhtpiece page with a comprehensive listing of various sizes which may be usefull to others looking for the correct piece.

Quick update.
The Cressi mouthpiece has arrived, it's a bit smaller than the Apeks I have (approx 4mm along the widest diameter) but it's elastic enough to fit anyway though. As a spare it works well enough, but next time I will look for a proper sized one.

In the meanwhile I've found the SeaCure Custom Mouhtpiece page with a comprehensive listing of various sizes which may be usefull to others looking for the correct piece.

smaller mouthpiece on bigger second stage is not a problem, the other way will usually result in leaks and is not recommended. On the student reg sets, we use standard sized mouthpieces on Apeks seconds and have been for years with no problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom