Compatibility of different manufacturers 1st and 2nd stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good. Looks like you chose well too.

Dr. Sleep:
My wife and I already own Aqua Lung Cousteau 1st stage regulators and are currently using Aqua Lung Micra Adj as our 2nd stage regulators.

However, I have a separate, fairly cheap, octupus, and my wife's emergency air is built in to her BCD. Her solution for an emergency air situation, is to give me, or whoever needs the air, the regulator out of her mouth and then use the mouthpiece built into her BCD for herself. I find this setup less than ideal. Why give up your primary regulator to someone else, and then rely on a cheaper BCD regulator for your own air? Not good. So, to solve this problem, my wife and I are going to turn our Aqua Lung Micra Adj into our "octupuses" or emergency air regulators, and buy new 2nd stages for our primary regulators.

Actually, I've already bought them--2 Apeks ATX50's. Thanks for all the replies.

I wonder if it is stupid but i'd like to clear the doubt, i am very much in mind thinking of getting MK25 1st, and TX50 2nd for my doubles setup, as i love the way MK25 routes the hoses and the durability and strength of the TX50, or would u guys reccommend me the MK25/G250HP setup? no S600 pls.. thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom