Compass Navigation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlexRodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I would like to do some studying on how to properly use a compass for navigation. Can anyone point me to an online resource where I can learn about underwater navigation with a compass?

I realize I can get certified and ultimately I will but I like to study things first.

Thank you in advance.

Alex

Hey Alex,
You might try somewhere like NASAR (National Association of Search and Rescue). They do a lot of land nav with compass' and might have some online resources.

yeah, you need to first learn on land.
do a web search on orienteering.

XJae:
yeah, you need to first learn on land.
do a web search on orienteering.

Yeap, I rarely have trouble not finding what I am looking for on Google and it has been completely useless on this subject. I will try something on orienting.

Thanks....

Alex

AlexRodriguez:
I would like to do some studying on how to properly use a compass for navigation. Can anyone point me to an online resource where I can learn about underwater navigation with a compass?

I realize I can get certified and ultimately I will but I like to study things first.

Thank you in advance.

which compass would you like to study,the Southern Hemisphere or the Northern Hemisphere oriented one?????:11: :11: :11:

AlexRodriguez:
Yeap, I rarely have trouble not finding what I am looking for on Google and it has been completely useless on this subject. I will try something on orienting.

Thanks....

Alex
no problem. "orienting" probably wont get what you want.
try "orienteering", it's actually a sport.

Back
Top Bottom