• On the wrist

Votes: 43 62.3%
  • Clipped to a slate/bc/harness/other

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • What's a compass?

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought this new gadget from suunto that puts my compass on a retractor. The coolest thing since sliced bread, well almost.
It keeps the compass close and out of harms way, the retractor cable is coated stainless steel. I've used it for around 50 dives so far without any problems.

I keep it on a retractor clipped to my right side, held from dangling by the Knighthawks right Velcro-strap-thingie. Its easy to locate, close to the face, reachable by both hands, and it does not dangle.

A compass hanging on a string, it doesnt seem all that accurate of method to navigate. Do a few long distance treks and let me know haw well it works.
Bill

I'm one of those divers that likes everthing with data on it in one place, my console. Don't wanna be looking at my wrist, my console and dangling devices.:shades:

on the left wrist with my dive computer on the right wrist. Everything is right there with the arms crossed in front. FWIW, I actually changed from the AI console on a retractor to the wrist position and like it MUCH better.

Definitely left wrist, depth gauge/computer on right. Then in effect you have a truly functional "console" right in front of you. 1/2 a second peek down and wallah, all the info you need is right there. No need to get out of trim, take your eyes off anything and then look at a clumsy console.

I bought my suunto sk7 on a retractor. Lately I've been wondering if I would like it better with a wrist band.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom