Comparison Shopping / Atomic Aquatics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bicster

Contributor
Reaction score
There is only one Atomic dealer in town, and even then they're about an hour from me in typical traffic. Before I go there, how will I know if I am getting a fair price? AFAICT nobody sells Atomic online and I really don't want to drive to Katy, Tyler, or Dallas to comparison shop. I'm interested in the B2 w/ a B2 Octo. Thanks!

For the most part I have found all authorized Atomic dealers (LDS) charge MSRP. The Atomic dealer agreement prohibits online sales (if caught they can lose the product line). You can buy Atomic gear for less than MSRP by phone from Scubatoys. I believe they are an authorized Atomic dealer and the factory warranty is therefore valid. I own 2 M1s and a B1 and feel they are worth the money... but if you are able to buy it for less, great!

I don't see how phone sales are meaningfully different from Internet sales. Surely their dealer agreement would prohibit both...!?

From what I was told there is a difference between the two types of sales, at least regarding the Atomic dealer agreement. I know that Scubapro and Aqualung prohibit any sales that are not "over the counter", but Atomic seems to be a little more liberal. I do know for a fact that Scubatoys does (or at least did when I called them) phone sales of Atomic, and the factory warranty is valid for those purchases. Go figure...

If you are not concerned about the warranty leisurepro also sells Atomic, just no factory warranty. I also see used and new B & Z series pop up on e-bay pretty regularly but again, no warranty if that concerns you, I got a great deal on my M1's from a guy on ebay and have been extremely happy thus far.

LP doesn't have stock on much Atomic stuff, and don't even have their newer products (B2, T2, etc.) listed. I think their source for Atomic probably dried up.

Call up Scubatoys and talk to Larry. He'll give you the lowdown on the agreement between him, phone sales, and atomic. Also mention your a scubaboard member and he gives you a discount.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom