Comparison resort - diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pleasan7

Registered
Reaction score
:turtle: Hi
Ok, so I am being tempted by an all land & scuba vacation! [instead of cruise]
Early March. I have looked into CCV Roatan - very tempting..
Do you know other - inexpensive all inclusives.. (ha,Ha)
That you want to go to or have visited.
Questions taken from another post:
1. Do you want an all-inclusive or ala carte resort? Yes probably
2. Must dive op be onsite? Would be nice - Want to shore dive!
3. Any budgetary considerations? Not real expensive or husband will toss idea out.
4. Close to town or well outside? Love to sleep in the quiet! so outside of town
5. Large or small? Doesn't matter - just planning on the diving lots and lots!And of course there is airfare to figure in so
he is thinking we will be north of Roatan and North of say.. St John/St Thomas.. so any above that line up to Miami.
Thanks,
Carol

CCV meets all your needs. Cozumel might work for you but shore diving is limited and not all hotels/Resorts are AI. CCV has all you are requesting at your finger tips. We are going back in May. Check out their discussion board for any specfic questions. http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/ccv

Cozumel would be a good choice. Good prices, air fare is reasonable typically from most locations. Large number of choices for accomdations in all price ranges. Although shore diving is not great, the boat diving is among the best in the world. Try www.funjetvacations.com

Belize would be good choice too. Good diving and very laid back.

Florida Keys are another good choice.

While the situation on Grand Cayman is up in the air, I suspect you will see some very good deals this coming Spring/Summer as they try to draw tourists back in. Typically, GC is on the more expensive side but the diving is excellent and there is some very good shore diving. Not many all inclusives.

I'm sure others will have some good suggestions that meet your criteria. Good luck and have fun.

You might also consider Barbados. There is a ton of stuff to do above and below the water. Everyone dives the Stav but i think the PAMIR was a much better dive considering vis and time down.

Barbados is a very easy island to rent a car and drive around on. Lots of beaches to visit and things to see.

Probably some good deals considering the storms....although Barbados is normally passed by because of its location.

Investigate...see if its for you.
Pm me if you have questions.
rich

:turtle: Hi,
Thanks everyone for the great input.
Well, turns out I have a Cruise Christmas present - so I will have to be good and not ask for a dive vacation.. maybe next fall. I do hope to shore dive Grand Cayman- Dec. 14th and I have a planned trip in Cozumel with Eagle Ray Divers on the 15th - Chellie seems very nice in email. My fingers are crossed about the weather. We have a very small window for Key West and I did not have any responses from the shops I emailed so it probably is not possible. We will just walk around and see the sites in Key West.
Thanks again,
Carol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom