Compare DC1400 and Micro 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep in mind, the Micro is a HD video camera first that also takes stills. Meant to add this to earlier reply.

That's a way of looking at it as well. The Micro is a HD video camera that also takes pictures. While the DC1400 is a camera that also takes HD video. Though, I've never compared the differences in video quality between the two since I rarely take video.

i just checked the SeaLife website and they used the term "instant focus" which I took to mean fixed focus as there is no optical zoom.

I did not get to dive with the Micro 2.0 and was only able to hold the Micro2.0 camera and look at the specs/design. Thus it quickly appeared to me as a Video (first) and Still (second) rather than the Still (first) and Video (second) of the DC series as well.

We will see if Sealife comes out with another still camera at DEMA.

Most divers that I dive with who photo and video rarely rely on a camera to do both. They have a still camera with a video camera attached. Some use only video lights and others use a mixture of video/strobe.

They make a great GoPro mount that attaches to the cold shoe. I use the cold shoe for a focus light, though.

Well my trusted DC1000 flooded in saltwater and now hunting for a new camera..

Haven't seen a comparison of the DC1400 and the Micro 2.0. Any thoughts? I know I will have to switch to video light as the Pro Flash won't work on the Micro but could use it on the DC1400.

How long had you been using the camera before it flooded? My Mini II just flooded, and I'm considering a DC1400 or Micro HD. Any recommendations out there??

How long had you been using the camera before it flooded? My Mini II just flooded, and I'm considering a DC1400 or Micro HD. Any recommendations out there??

They recently came out with a DC2000, which is a far superior product to the Mini or Micro, as well as having advantages over the DC1400.

I had my dc1000 for almost 5 years. The main factor for me is the decision between still firat and video second or other way around.

Seriously considering the dc2000. I'm going to put my hands on one next hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom