Compare and contrast the Raider Line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you used the Raider 1 on a dive yet?

Yes, They are a pretty nice little light. I use it on the surface too when I'm camping. I had it flicker on me once, but that was when it wasn't turned on all the way, and we descended. The finish is coming off of mine already though.

Tom

The general word about the rechargeable CR123 is that, because rechargeable always run a lower voltage, using multiple re-chargeable CR123s in a device is not a good idea unless it is built for rechargeable only use.

Just some quick info on cells...

AA, AAA etc. dry cells are 1.5V per cell
NiCd (Ni-Cad) or NiMh (Nickel Metal) rechargeable cells in the same size as above runs 1.2V per cell nominal. They actually run higher voltage when fully charged, but not for long.
CR123 dry cells are 3.0V per cell
Li-Ion (Lithium Ion) or LiPo (Lithium Polymer) rechargeable cells in the same size as above run 3.6V or 3.7V nominal per cell. They actually run 4.2V per cell fully charged.

So... If you replace your AAA's in a Raider I with rechargeable NiMh's you'll be running lower nominal voltage. If you replace your CR123's in a Raider IV with Li-Ion's you'll be running a higher nominal voltage (substantially more when the cells are freshly charged).

How this affects the lights I don't know. Maybe someone else can provide some info?

Later,

Willem

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom