compact flash card prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d56nut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

Are the following decent prices???:

256mb flash card for 39.78

128mb flash card for 29.53

The brand of the cards is Lexar....the 256mb was on special. The only card I have ever purchased was a sandisk 512mb and it floated away with my camera in cozumel. I want to get smaller cards so that if something like that happens again I won't lose all my shots. Also, is there really a big difference from one brand to the next on compact flash cards???

Any advice is much appreciated!!!

d56nut:
Hi All,

Are the following decent prices???:

256mb flash card for 39.78

128mb flash card for 29.53

The brand of the cards is Lexar....the 256mb was on special. The only card I have ever purchased was a sandisk 512mb and it floated away with my camera in cozumel. I want to get smaller cards so that if something like that happens again I won't lose all my shots. Also, is there really a big difference from one brand to the next on compact flash cards???

Any advice is much appreciated!!!

The only difference I know of is the speed of the card

x16 x40 etc....

I put a x40 1 gig card in my D100, it seems to work fast

The price seems low to me. I have two 512MB CF and paid 70 something for my Viking and 130 something for the faster Ridata (52x write). For the 256XD I paid 70 something too.
(I'm happy with all three of them)
As Curt says, it's all about speed

Michelle,

My impression is that those are fairly decent prices. I have been looking half-heartedly for some similar sized memory cards, and the best I found so far for the Sandisk 256MB CF card is $41.99. Of course I have not looked real hard. Chances are someone out there knows of a better price but . . . .

You didn't ask my opinion, but at those prices, I would recommend the 256 for $10 more. That would be large enough to take a lot of SHQ pictures, but not break the bank for two cards.

Just my two cents (now you just need to come up with the remaining $39.76)

Wristshot

Go for it, I 've the Lexar 256 as well for the same price but in £££££££££

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom