Commercial Diver School?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ice9

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone know of a good school that is well respected in the Industry? Also, any insight on how hard it is getting a job as a commercial diver?

i look in to it my self a while back there are to good school i dont remember the names but on eis in jacksonville fl. and the other on eis in new jersey ive been in the marine corp for about 4 years now and i was when i looked in to it and thay told me that it was run kinda close to military you live in dorms and run and have to keep in shape to qualify thay can send you a booklet and give you more of and idea

I know a guy that did it in the school in Jacksonville. He said it was tough and expensive. There is also a school around Galviston I think. Just pick up a Scuba Diving Magazine or Sport Diver. They have advertisements in them for different schools. As far as work there are places down here in Florida that have guys working all the time. I also believe that the schools do a placement thing at the end of class so you should be able to find work with out any problems.

I graduated College of Oceaneering just before it got bought out by national poytechic university but broke almost everybone in my body shortly thereafter and now Im finishing my BA. Thought it was allright, just remember, you dont start work as a diver, you start as a tender yanking some guys hose all day.

I think Berkley CA has a school that is pretty good. I believe oil rig guys are 6 months on 6 months off. Killer money. Bad for family. Life expectancy not good.

Santa Barbara's city college is home to the Marine Diving Technologies department. awesome school has everything you need right there on campus plus use of the pacific ocean. graduates go to work all over the world. great money in the buisness plus lots of work out there to find.

Back
Top Bottom