Commercial Dive Company Hanging it up. All Equipment for Sale!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... This is almost a complete turnkey operation just needs a generator and personal diving equipment and you’re ready for business.

Rick, I have often wondered what life is like for an inland commercial diver.

For example, are your days long? Offshore schedules usually cannot be stretched out due to cost to stay on station. Since you can drive on paved roads to your jobs, is it possible for you to relax your schedules?

Do you have a single tender topside? Other personnel?

What size truck do you recommend to pull your trailer safely?

Inland diving you spend most of your time traveling from one job to the next living out of hotels, assuming you have consistent work. Most of the companies doing potable water tank cleaning and Insp. are usually 8 weeks on and one or two off.

Osha requires 3 man dive crew, so one man is usually up on the tank, one in the water, and one in the dive trailer monitoring comms, air, and customer relations.

If your running the company you can tailor the work schedule to your liking, but your still trying to make money.
Bridge and Dam inspections, and underwater epoxy coating pay a lot better money so your work schedule can be more relaxed.

For a truck to pull the trailer I would suggest a crew cab truck with a diesel engine. You'll want the space, dependability, and pulling power.

---------- Post added December 28th, 2014 at 12:23 PM ----------

Sure, I would be happy to arrange the shipping!

Back
Top Bottom