Comments? 2nd pool dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcwalsh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I finished setting up the 2 Super-80 cylinders with bands and wanted to see how they felt. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am doing my Sidemount OW and AOW dives in a couple of weeks.

How about access to all?
E60E0F3B-BB38-4994-8779-494325597D07.png

Changed access... Thank you
I can only see one of the videos (the first), but your trim and streamlining look pretty good. Your head is slightly up, knees slightly down, and tank tails slightly up. You might try moving your lead forward a touch and clipping the tanks off lower / more forward on your waist belt.

It appears your frog kick is only moving you forward at the very end of the kick because of the way you're sort of pushing the flat blades straight back before rotating into a thrust position. Without all the kick, you'll lose most of the glide, which is part of the beauty of this kick. Here's a very helpful video from sidemounting.com (amazing resource, not all free on youtube). I highly recommend the out of water exercises shown, as they'll also give you a better idea of what perfectly horizontal trim feels like.

Overall, looking good for just getting started with the system!

I can only see one of the videos (the first), but your trim and streamlining look pretty good. Your head is slightly up, knees slightly down, and tank tails slightly up. You might try moving your lead forward a touch and clipping the tanks off lower / more forward on your waist belt.

It appears your frog kick is only moving you forward at the very end of the kick because of the way you're sort of pushing the flat blades straight back before rotating into a thrust position. Without all the kick, you'll lose most of the glide, which is part of the beauty of this kick. Here's a very helpful video from sidemounting.com (amazing resource, not all free on youtube). I highly recommend the out of water exercises shown, as they'll also give you a better idea of what perfectly horizontal trim feels like.

Overall, looking good for just getting started with the system!
Great video. Thank you.

Agree with J-Vo that your valves could come up a couple of centimeters, but looks quite clean

Back
Top Bottom