Coming to the Visayas need some info please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lokigold

Reaction score
Hi All,

My wife and I will be doing an island hopping vacation 11-23 March 2007. We will be doing 4 nights each in Alona Beach, Cabilao, and Dumaguete diving with the Sea-Explorers. We think we have put together a pretty good itinerary based upon the info we have found lurking here in the PPD forum. We want to thank all of you for posting information on the various dive sites and resorts in the Philippines, without a resource like this it would be very hard to sort out where to go amongst 7000+ islands.

There is one question that I can't seem to find an answer to. Can anyone tell us what we would be charged for extra baggage on Cebu Pacific Air? We have our own equipment and would prefer to use it so we are likely to have an extra bag or two for clothing and incidentals. We are planning to leave a lot of the camera gear at home as it is but I still can't see us getting everything we need in one checked bag (20kgs) and one carry-on (7kgs) each. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, now that we have our places and times settled, we would appreciate any info about the dive sites, restaurants, entertainment, and local places of interest we should not to miss at our island locations.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Thanks to everyone for the information on excess baggage. It does not seem like a major expense to have our own gear for the trip, in fact it's probaby a lot cheaper than renting!:D

Iris, no it's not a honeymoon we're a couple of old salts, been together for 24 yrs. It will probably be the trip of a lifetime for us though, I hope it doesn't ruin us for diving in the Caribbean.

Chip, our itinerary is fairly well set at this time. I wouldn't mind hearing about other spots we should see. There's always the possibility of a future return trip. In fact if the diving is as good as reported here I'm sure we'll be back.

nice IT! great guys at sea explorers, just walk around the beach for entertainment, and im sure you'll be baack.. :)

lokigold:
Chip, our itinerary is fairly well set at this time. I wouldn't mind hearing about other spots we should see. There's always the possibility of a future return trip. In fact if the diving is as good as reported here I'm sure we'll be back.
well, it is an awesome IT and as versatile says - hopefully you'll make it back to see the other things we have to offer here!

Enjoy the chocolate hills and tarziers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom