Coming home and wanting to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baitedstorm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Howdy (as they say here in Texas.....hehehehe)

I am FINALLY coming home since ii left Florida almost two years ago and I'm ready to dust the crud out of my gills.

I will actually be back (I'll be at my mom's house in Fort Pierce, about an hour North of WPB) tomorrow night and would love to dive some time Friday or Saturday. Jupiter is my first choice. Anyone game?

I dont even know who, what , or where anymore. I usually hook up with Captain Paul on the Temptation or Blue Tang if they aren't full... Anyone know the scoop on Jupiter? BTW... How is the weather and the sea down there?

Welcome back! I lived in TX long ago. Is it still the cutural black hole of the universe? :D

The seas dried up while you gone. Hole-In-The-Wall is now about a three mile hike through the Jupiter pass. It's strange to set up a picnic on a spot that used to be 130' underwater at one time.

I actually dove Jupiter this past Sunday. Weather was perfect and the seas were pretty calm. Viz was terrific (top to bottom pretty much), current was there but not too strong at all, and my dive computer read water temp at 75 degrees. Still seemed a bit chilly. Saw a TON of stuff. Weather has pretty cooperative as of late.

Jupiter Dive Center is an outstanding op out of there, if you've never been out with them. I'm going back out on April 19th for their afternoon and full moon night dives. It was easy diving, you couldn't ask for better. :)

The seas dried up while you gone. Hole-In-The-Wall is now about a three mile hike through the Jupiter pass. It's strange to set up a picnic on a spot that used to be 130' underwater at one time.

OMG...... What happened?????
Hey Tom, do you know the 411 on Captain Paul??? Last I heard he was working with JDC

He sold the boat to JDC and moved north.

Welcome back! Are you staying long or is this more a vacation/family visit? Have fun, lots going on at the moment stopping the diving.

Vickie--
Hey you!! Hope you're well; things here are as busy as typically always!

I can't dive this weekend; work and other life nonsense still getting in the way, but I bet you'll find someone who can. I'm sad to say I can't even tell you what the forecast weather/seas are to be for the weekend.......

Jenny's got it right, Paul and his op are no longer; the Temptation now belongs to JDC. I will be straight, I've had good experiences with them since he's gone, though I know your history with them.....maybe check with the guys at ScubaWorks and see if they can recommend anyone else?

How long are you in town?

Vicki!!

Good to see you posting in our humble little subforum again. Hope that the diving gods are kind to you this weekend.

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom