Coming for rugby, want to do some diving!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hiya again triggerman I'm an Aucklander born again diver so I'm having to discover operators and dive shops all over again.
Unfortunately most dives are at least an hour out of town.
I'd contact Goat island dive for a good semi local dive. Theres a freephone number -0800348369 to contact them. They will have the boat out of the water in August but plan to have it back in by september. Another operator is Dive HQ whangaparoa.Still about a 3/4 hour drive north of dauckland. They run a Rib from a few spots off of whangaparoa.
Give Mike at Dive HQ Westhaven a yell. He's about as central in auckland as you can get.He may be able to organise something for you transport wise to whangaparoa and you will be able to rent gear from him if you need it. 093073590 Someone else to talk to might be Orakei dive -www.orakeidive.co.nz 09 5242117its in central auckland and they do run dive trips and might be able to offer transport options.
You will be be diving with at least a 7mm wetsuit Hood and gloves unless you have ice in your veins. Personally I'm a wimp and wear a 3mm thermal vest under my wesuit. I've been trying to get in at least a dive a week this winter and so far temps have been around the 17 degrees mark.

Back
Top Bottom