Comal Sans Shuttle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatrax

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey Southern Swampers,

Looking for Comal info, heading down to New Braunfels to wet the gear the weekend before New Year's and since we will be in only one vehicle, I am wondering if there is a place to dive the river without hiking the gear back after a long drift?

All information is appreciated...

I never use a shuttle, I just park in landa park where everyone else does, and walk up-river a few hundred yards, drift down stream, repeat as necessary. Vis wasn't too bad out there the other day, flow was really low. I guess you could drop off your gear nearer the put-in point and drive down to the take-out point, but that's for the truly lazy.....

It's not a bad walk, I've done it in doubles many times.

Thanks for the info, I thought the drift was longer, few hundred yards is cake. Thanks again

Hey Southern Swampers,

Looking for Comal info, heading down to New Braunfels to wet the gear the weekend before New Year's and since we will be in only one vehicle, I am wondering if there is a place to dive the river without hiking the gear back after a long drift?

All information is appreciated...

Toms Scuba has a good online map of the Comal with all public ingress/egress points and parking. Look under the Travel tab at the top of the home page.

Tom's Dive & Swim - Central Texas Source for Scuba Vacations, Gear and Lessons

More than happy to help.

Aquatrax, there is a longer version of the Comal drift, but the Landa Park experience is the easiest way to do it if there is no seasonal shuttle running and you are in one car. You can walk back to the starting point and drift down in a loop as often as you like. Stay low, a bit overweighted, and visit the sides of the river in order to prolong the dive. Have fun, I love this little dive.

Ok, maybe I'm just lazy or it was to too cold but we got in at the steps down river near the float anchor in the rock, swam up river to near the tube place, drift back and repeat... Walking looked cold.. : ) Also, if you lost a U.S. Divers kids mask back around 1982, describe it and you can have it : ) I also found a dime that had been in there for some time. Tax free income! Thanks for the help everyone, the little woman was very happy to get the gear wet.

Happy New Year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom