Comal River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDH

Reaction score
Just a little trip report for an easy dive. The Comal river this past Thursday was a little cloudy, vis about 15-20ft at best. They could use some ran to wash things out a little. We got in at Texas tubes, parking $5. We park there because of the bathroom and outside showers for afterward. Slow current, time in water 2hrs. Treasures found beer cans, broken sunglasses, railroad spikes and 27 cents. Lots of fish and crawfish. We didn't make it to the dam. Someone said that an individual through a pistol in the water around that area and the police couldn't find. We didn't either. Almost forgot water temp about 75 degree's.
Overall a fun dive for just getting out of houston for the day. We are planning to return when they receive a little more rain so the current and vis pick up.

Thanks for the Comal report. I love diving that little river.

Just got back from there myself... two buddies and I found: 4 one dollar bills, swim goggles, numerous t-shirts, mardi gras beads, several pairs of sunglasses, 3 turtles, several large bass and catfish, a locker key (locker 6017 if you know someone who was very unlucky), a peach, Hi-C drink pack, powerade, and so many empty beer cans I can't even begin to describe the numbers. All in all, it was fun, close to the two hours underwater. Next up, I gotta find a way to get down to the drop-off point at Don's Fish Camp on the San Marcos...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom