Comal River..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went there in March, it's good just to get in the water, and the price is right. There is a tropical fish / dive store south of town where you can get air fills also. It was a good place to get a new diver in my family some time in the water. the pool at prince solms park is pretty good, about 18' or so I think and easy to get in and out of. We also did a "drift dive" from Land RV park to the last public exit. It's fun if you haven't done it before. You will see other divers doing training and also just there for fun.

Can you dive in this river ? I was under the impression it was only 3-5 feet at best.
It isn't very deep. My son likes to "tube" this place.

you can dive it, just some areas you might as well snorkel. But the best part is finding things people like your son drop. The drunks that tube the Comal can drop some pretty interesting and valuable stuff, which can be found pinned in the deeper parts under rocks and such.

Cool. So I guess I need to buy a underwater metal detector to bring with me.

OK, so wife and mother wants to get out of town this mothers day weekend. May 13 & 14th. So she wants to shop the outlets in New Brunsful. I rather have a root canal. Anyway, going at this point. I on the other hand plan to do some diving. Who with me. Where do we meet? What time? Should I bring tanks from Dallas or rent in town?

Back
Top Bottom