Comal or San Marcos River, Wednesday, March 19?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadale

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have a group that wants to dive over our spring break. Due to work schedules, etc..it would need to be on Wednesday, March 19. I need help with a couple of things.

First, they want to dive either the Comal or San Marcos rivers or both? What can yall tell me about viz, max depth, hazards, probably most important - is either one a good idea being that it is spring break time?

Second, anybody that is familiar up for a dive that day.

Thanks in advance.

It would be really great if a swamper was there so I could become official. :D

the Comal is a much better river to dive...the SM river has too many weeds and it is more work than it is worth....max dept in the Comal is around 13ft I think but it is rock bottom and clear..I am not sure if it is open to tubers yet...if so, get there early and there won't be as many in the water ...

Thanks, we already decided to do the Comal and not the SM. We will leave between 4 and 5 am to get there around 8. I mentioned to one in the group that most people avoid the chute but he thinks he still wants to do it. Pros and cons of that.

Also, Oceanic is testing a new reg - the EOS. I was one of the 12 stores in the country to get one to test. It will be there on Wednesday if anyone wants to come check it out/dive with it. It is the same first stage as the Delta 4 but the 2nd stage breathes so much easier. There is a thread going on scubaboard for those interested.

Back
Top Bottom