Comal Mini-cleanup April 26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me know if you're interested!
Mark

Mark,

Sounds like a real blast, the weather is great and the river is clear. I was at a clean up at the San Marcos Springs today and with the weather and warm water (71 degrees) it could not have been better.
Next Saturday I am completing an SDI Solo Diver certification so will not be able to clone myself at both locations. If I could I would be down at the Comal diving.

Shawn

On my most recent dives, the deepest I went was 11 ft. There are a couple/few places to hit this depth. As for clarity...10-15ft is usual, obviously better on a sunny than cloudy day. Last time I took photos, it wasn't bad.
ComalRiverDive_20080309043.jpg

ComalRiverDive_20080413018.jpg

ComalRiverDive_20080413029.jpg

ComalRiverDive_20080413030.jpg

ComalRiverDive_20080413037.jpg

Wow, lot's of aquatic life. Vis not bad either.

BlueC5kitten--

Nice pics. Thanks for posting :)

Last summer I did a night dive in the Comal, and was surprised at the number and variety of critters I saw.

Cool picts!! I especially like the close-up of the turtle. I ran it through a couple of color adjustments in Photoshop...check out the attachment...

Attachments

• ComalRiver-Turtle.jpg
    ComalRiver-Turtle.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 40
Glad to help! Figured the pics would tell the story better than me quoting numbers all day long. There is a surprising amount of diversity in the life in the Comal...and if you do the night dives, you get to see the monster catfish and crawfish too! I guess I skipped a couple of pics, as there are also sunfish and a Texas cichlid that are also darting about!

Thanks for the modification of the pic, k-valve...these are just raw photos, since my UW photo setup isn't anything close to UW "quality" (digital Casio 10.1 megapixel with a Casio UW housing) and haven't invested in Photoshop yet! Thanks again!
cheers2.gif

Bad news & my apologies. Unfortunately, my LDS has called the cleanup off at the last minute due to some store issues. Thanks for your interest and I guess we'll have to wait until fall when the Houston area clubs and stores organize the big one...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom