Comal is the new pink

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon

Contributor
Reaction score
A few of us Swampers hit the Comal today. Peppermint Paddi, Blazerdiver, Ross B and I had some big fun in New Braunfels.

The four of us hit the river around 10:30 am for a drift dive at Hinman. Ross and I saw a large crawfish who was very upset that we invaded his river.

During our surface interval, the four of us decided to go down the famous tube chute. Unlike those here on SB who have braved it with dive gear, we decided to go commando-style with only snorkel gear. We all survived with not even a scratch.

Ross and I did a second dive similar to the first.

Air temp: 75-80 degrees
Water temp: 75-76 degrees
Bottom time: 22-25 mins per dive (I'll have to check my computer for exact times.)
Vis: varied....it ranged from 20 ft down to 5 ft

We had a blast....pics to follow.

I'm jealous, I had to work today. My LDS is scheduled to go there toward the end of this month, I think the 28th. I am going to try to go down there with them.
The trashfest was very enjoyable for my first Comal experience.

Ok...here are the pics:

3291738522_3013784834.jpg

3290921103_7461930a5b.jpg

3291737916_b9891c026e.jpg

3291737706_41d56355e0.jpg

3291737532_1c28737bba.jpg

Cool !!
Or should I say " Warm ".... excellent !

I bet that was a great time !!!

Ah yes ... Hemlon going Commando...
Now that really does bring everything into full view.

Vista Bonita :cool2:

Thanks for posting the pics. i LOVE that river !!!!

Heey, I wish I could've been there, too!!!!!

Thanks for posting the pics. Today was awesome! Really enjoyed the dives,such a beutiful river. Couldn't have asked for better weather or water to be in! The tube shoot was awesome, so glad that we did that.

Back
Top Bottom