Comal Apr 21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How'd the weekend go, Scubabum? You coming to CSSP next weekend?

Hi, all --

I have a bunch of Scouts who have gotten dive certified over the past few years; the thread mentioned earlier that there was a Comal cleanup last October. Is there one coming up that we could participate in?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi, all --

I have a bunch of Scouts who have gotten dive certified over the past few years; the thread mentioned earlier that there was a Comal cleanup last October. Is there one coming up that we could participate in?

Thanks,
Matt

Hey Matt!
There is a cleanup scheduled in October. I believe that it is the weekend of the 6'th & 7'th. Other than that...I'm afraid I don't have any more info. :( Maybe somebody else might be able to help you out. Good luck!

Hi, all --

Thanks,
Matt

here ya go

Texas Gulf Coast Council of Dive Clubs

Thanks for the good information, all.

So has anyone done this before? Do you have any insight to offer? Pre-registration seems to be a given. I've done the Lake Travis cleanup a few times; it does seem a bit odd to pay a registration fee to go pick up trash. :wink:

Thanks,
Matt

on this board as well as other boards he would have the most info here is a recent post on another board from him regarding the clean up you might try and pm'ing him

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/sushi+boy.html for specific questions...

Just a reminder to let you know that TrashFest '07 is coming up on October 6th. We hope you can join us again this year.

Sure, there is a small entry fee, but that gets you not only a day of diving and helping the environment, but also the BBQ dinner afterward including beer, the Super Scooper t-shirts for the winning teams, and a chance to win some great door prizes (last year they totalled over $11,000).

We're working hard to make it the best TrashFest ever. Watch the website (Texas Gulf Coast Council of Dive Clubs) for information. We're updating it regularly, so bookmark it and take a look at it every now and then.

We had a good time at the event last year. It does have a fee involved but it goes to a good cause and as Ann said, there are a number of amenities for participating like tshirts & good bbq. Personally, I like the free beer, but probably not the best beverage for the scouts unless they started letting you earn badges for that specialty :) But seriously, I've never seen an event where they gave out that many prizes - things geared toward nondivers (tubing, restaurants) but some neat dive stuff too. The NB community really steps up to support the event.

I think its to your advantage to go down as a group, other wise you're put in teams with folks you don't know, which is a good way to meet people, but also can get chaotic, depending on the team members.

Foo2 and I will be making the event this year. I love that river, so I don't mind paying a bit to support an effort to keep it beautiful. Also, events cost money, and LOTS of it. I'm actually surprised that they can do it this cheap!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom