Columbia, MO. diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh. well the past two years or so he doesn't close the gate. I think he got tired of people breaking the lock etc... but People are encouraged to call him up. and let him know etc...

Thanks...thats good to know. Might make that another option. How do you go about paying the entry fee now? And still now legal papers to sign?

Thanks...thats good to know. Might make that another option. How do you go about paying the entry fee now? And still now legal papers to sign?

well, if you have a standing relationship with him he will work with you so you don't have to come by every time but can only come by periodically. I am not sure how it would work for you. I live in Jefferson City and periodically get air and other doohickeys there so I have cause to see him on an irregular basis. You would have to get a hold of Jeff or maybe go by once to see if you can work something out. I would expect that he would try to work with you though.

We've dealt with Captain Nemo's Captain Nemo's Dive Shop - Columbia, Missouri
They rent tanks and weights. Just talk to Dwayne.
For diving we are going to try the quarry in Rolla. We haven't tried anything in Columbia.

I heard the quarry in Rolla (Quail Run) is shut down. It is still open for a few dive shops, but for the general public it is closed.

Snagel

Mermet is always fun. You might want to call Glen before you drive down. I was there a couple weeks ago and the viz was literally 1-2 feet. But, I heard it is getting better. We dove Pennyroyal about 80 miles south of Mermet and it was awesome - 30-35 feet viz that same weekend.

Not trying to shamelessly plug my website, but you might check out www.midwestmuckdiving for the current dive conditions.

S. Nagel

Dwayne,
Have you been out to Jeff's quarry recently? I was wondering how it's doing as far as visibility is concerned. If there's any at all, I'll probably be heading your direction in the next week or so.

If anybody around the area wants to join in, let me know and we can get something set up. I've known Jeff for several years, and have been into the quarry near Eugene 3 or 4 times, so we can get all of the "issues" resolved easily enough.

Scott

Dwayne,
Have you been out to Jeff's quarry recently? I was wondering how it's doing as far as visibility is concerned. If there's any at all, I'll probably be heading your direction in the next week or so.

If anybody around the area wants to join in, let me know and we can get something set up. I've known Jeff for several years, and have been into the quarry near Eugene 3 or 4 times, so we can get all of the "issues" resolved easily enough.

Scott

I was in there Saturday (6/21) and it was good vis, and surprisingly good for all of the rain we have had. Not overly cold either (for the quarry)

I think a dive this week would be great. anyone wants to come out for an evening dive I am available during the week, wensday, thrusday, and friday. I can get there by six or so in the evening which leaves plenty of daylight.

Sounds like a plan to me. Let's shoot for Thursday. I'll be in town mid to late afternoon.

Thursday is good for me, say 6:00-6:30pm. the first quarry is better on vis and mosquito's :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom