Coltri Mch-6 Crankshaft Installation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey MCH-6 experts. Does anyone have some tips and tricks for reinstalling the crankshaft? I’m working on refurbishing an old unit and I had to tear it down to replace the bearing on the 2nd stage connecting rod. I’m ready to start the rebuilding process but I’m concerned about how to reseat the crankshaft bearing. Watching the coltri video shows the use of a special tool (see picture) to perform this step. Any suggestions on how to do this without the tool?

5189B832-D9A0-41A3-BB82-738ED4EFB828.jpeg

I just did mine without any special tools. I used a large pin punch and tapped the bearing on with a hammer. It was not that tight of a fit where it had to be pressed or really hit hard.

Thanks for the suggestion @Dsix36 I took your advice and used a large brass punch to tap around the edge of the bearing to get it to go in. I did have to do some light sanding on the inside face of the bearing seat to knockdown some groves and imperfections first. I'm guessing these came from removing the crankshaft as it didn't want to come out easily. Thanks for the advice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom