Color adjustment for film development

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I need some (more) help. Just for starting out I got the basic reefmaster rc with the external strobe and plan on shooting quite a bit of film when we go to coz in about a month. Here are my questions: First, can I expect some decent quality pics with this camera if i get close, closer and get level with the subjects? And, second, when I get the film developed should I tell them they are underwater pics and need the red and yellow adjusted +2? Or should I take it to a good photo lab and just say hey, they're underwater pics, adjust accordingly? I used to take a bunch of pics above water and may have found a new hobby if I get as much enjoyment out of this as I think I will. Unfortunately I'm feeling the photo bugs grip tightening. However, my wallet seems to want to open. Hmmm. I've still got a pentax super program that I bought 17 years ago that works great above ground. Would a housing still be available? If I can get some decent pics with the reefmaster I'm sure I'll eventually invest in a more versatile underwater camera. I'll save those questions for another post. No telling what will be on the market then. Thanks in advance for the help. gt2003

I have never used the Reefmaster but it should work fine with an external strobe - and if you get close. As far as processing goes I believe that Kodak does a special 'Sea Processing' service in the States. (Not in Japan though so I've never used it!)

You can always get your photos on a CD without prints getting prints. I have noticed that the qualitiy on the CD is often better than the prints. Then you can touch them up yourself with PS or PSE...or any other good editing software.

Any other thoughts? I've got a little over 4 weeks until we go. Just want to be prepared as possible. Thanks again.

gt2003:
Any other thoughts? I've got a little over 4 weeks until we go. Just want to be prepared as possible. Thanks again.

Slide's ? then scan them yourself and print.

gt2003:
I need some (more) help. Just for starting out I got the basic reefmaster rc with the external strobe and plan on shooting quite a bit of film when we go to coz in about a month. Here are my questions: First, can I expect some decent quality pics with this camera if i get close, closer and get level with the subjects? And, second, when I get the film developed should I tell them they are underwater pics and need the red and yellow adjusted +2? Or should I take it to a good photo lab and just say hey, they're underwater pics, adjust accordingly? I used to take a bunch of pics above water and may have found a new hobby if I get as much enjoyment out of this as I think I will. Unfortunately I'm feeling the photo bugs grip tightening. However, my wallet seems to want to open. Hmmm. I've still got a pentax super program that I bought 17 years ago that works great above ground. Would a housing still be available? If I can get some decent pics with the reefmaster I'm sure I'll eventually invest in a more versatile underwater camera. I'll save those questions for another post. No telling what will be on the market then. Thanks in advance for the help. gt2003
I usually scan any of the really good photos I get myself and touch them up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom