Collingwood Shore Diving: Does It Exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tankdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Guys, Is anyone aware of any shore diving sites in the Collingwood area help would be awesome though i'm pretty sure there aren't any Thanks Guys

I've never heard of any in or around Collingwood. Most of the shore in that area is shallow for a long way out from the beach. That's what makes the Wasaga Beach are so popular with swimmers.
There is a sopt by Cedar Point, near where the ferry to Christian Island docks, that some shops use for checkout dives. Heard it's on the reserve and $5 to park.

I would like to resurrect this old thread since I'm spending my winter months in Collingwood for skiing but would consider staying into spring and summer if there are any viable scuba diving around here. Does not need to be deep as long as it's diveable and not too murky all the time.

I would like to resurrect this old thread since I'm spending my winter months in Collingwood for skiing but would consider staying into spring and summer if there are any viable scuba diving around here. Does not need to be deep as long as it's diveable and not too murky all the time.
The only time site near Collingwood that I'm aware of is the wreck of the Nancy Ward. It's very shallow and a bit of a swim from shore.

There's one public access road to shore a bit west of my location where I'm staying in Collingwood along highway 26. I might to a quick investigation dive there in the spring to see if anything is there within a short distance from shore. Some say much of the shoreline around town is quite shallow at only about ten feet but we'll see I guess.

Do NOT dive on seemingly random buoys in deeper water if you manage to get out on a boat. They most likely mark fishing nets and you won't see them until you are in them.

I'm going to try diving the Collingwood harbour as well as off St Vincent Park near Meaford. Even if it's shallow, if the water is relatively clear (at least more clear than Humber Bay and Welland in the summer), then at least they are quick dives to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom