Anybody Ever Dived In Island Lake Orangeville Or Georgian Bay Collingwood?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering if anybody ever dived in Island Lake near Orangeville? They always promote fishing and paddling there so I'm assuming decent fish life. Also what about Georgian Bay within the Collingwood area? I heard that the waters around the town are not too deep but if there's anything to see, might be worth doing a few shore dives there.

My LDS Aquasub Scuba have local dive trips to Georgian Bay. I believe there are some wrecks to see there.

I think these are the charter boats run by Georgian bay charters out of penetanguishune. I was wondering more about the waters off collingwood via shore dives.

Happy to see my map getting used. Thanks for sharing..

If you are talking Island Lake conservation are / Orangeville reservoir. I have not but looked up a chart for it and most of it is only 3-5ft deep. there is a 20ft hole on the east end but not sure it is accessible.
I have seen people on rowboats there fishing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom