College student in Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nsylver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello hello, I'll be attending Ritsumeikan APU down in Beppu, Oita-Shi, Kyushu; Was wondering if anyone knows any dive shops around there that can accommadate an English speaker. Or looking for an English Speaking dive buddy. I currently have my Dive Master/ Nitrox with IDEA, don't know of I'll have to transfer agencies when I get there :/. It's going to be weird recreationally diving instead of the professional dive shop employee diving. What should I do?

Hey Nsylver, I just saw your post! I have been a bit busy to troll the boards as of late. I'm an ALT working in Kagoshima in Kyushu and a new scuba diver myself. I just got my AOW through PADI in December and I'll be going on a series of dives on Kyushu and in Okinawa this spring/summer.

If you're looking for a dive buddy or to hear about a few of the dive spots in Southern Japan, then drop me a PM. I'd be happy to make a trip up to Oita/Beppu when it got warm one weekend to do some diving as well if you're interested. Though I fear I'm significantly less experienced than you are.

Cheers,

Matt O'Boyle

Have you considered coming to Kagoshima for a mini-dive trip? Kagoshima diving rocks!

When I was living in Nobeoka, on the northern border of Miyazaki near Oita, I made a trip to visit a friend on campus. APU's really nice!

Have you considered coming to Kagoshima for a mini-dive trip? Kagoshima diving rocks!

When I was living in Nobeoka, on the northern border of Miyazaki near Oita, I made a trip to visit a friend on campus. APU's really nice!

Hey Jonathan, this post is about a year old... :D I don't know if anyone is reading it anymore!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom