College Preparations.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baltimoron:
it makes things a LOT easier that my house is pretty close to campus, and by close I mean about a good ten blocks. Far enough to get on the bus, but not enough to buy a phone card. Laundry will probably be done at the house, though I am not really planning on spending much time there. What's really good for lectures and stuff? I need to get on this, since I don't have the faintest idea what college is going to be like. We're not in high school anymore, toto...

Get ready to have your football teams' butt get kicked by my football team :wink:

Watch out for recorders! Do not record a professor unless you have previously asked and (!!!) obtained permisson.

Some professors have different requirments regarding binders and how they expect you to keep them per class, or some will not care. Wait till the first day after classes to get the required binders, ect. Get your books ahead of time, like, yesterday. You can always return them if you don't need them. Plan on doing laundry at college. There's no point to college if you don't stay there, and try and do every activity there at least once. Besides, you'd be surprised at how the laundry mounts up.

Where did you go to hs? Alot will depend on where you went and how well you were prepared...Several guys I know went to boys latin, and are doing quite well.

You're right, its not Kanasas- its a lot better!

Lots of patience, an overwhelming sense of humor and a boat load of self discipline.

the K

How come no one has mentioned condoms yet?

A 12 pack and some hard liquor with opener as appropriate (I'm English, you don't get into residence halls unless you have booze - but in an emergency we could always buy it at the Union bar)

Munchy and choco yum yum bars.

Pens, paper, a dictionary (or use dictionary.com), a decent calculator.

DrSteve:
How come no one has mentioned condoms yet?
One of my summer jobs has been working in an STD Clinic... Believe me, I got it covered.

Thanks for all the tips, guys. I think I am going to see how taking notes on my iBook goes for now, since I was never much of a pen on paper kind of guy. I might even get a voice recorder for my iPod or something to record notes, first with permisson of course. I just got a new Nikon Coolpix camera and one of those picture printers, which I am looking forward to using. Also, I bought one of those cool iPod speaker things which I figure will come in handy. I've also gone around looking for good posters and things to decorate the room, though some of it might be going back. Depends on the roomate's opinion.

Roomate sound nice enough. We have pretty similar interests and such, he's even certified!! Finally I have a dive buddy!! Maybe this college thing will work out after all!!

You need to be watching Tommy Lee Goes To College -- you can learn a lot from him....LOL :laughing:

baltimoron:
One of my summer jobs has been working in an STD Clinic... Believe me, I got it covered.

Hmm, waaay too easy.

Don't want to get banned for an inappropriate comment now do we???

Since it's not Lacrosse season at JHU, head north to Towson University and cheer on the Women's Volleyball Team.

Go Tigers! :D

MikeC:
Hmm, waaay too easy.

Don't want to get banned for an inappropriate comment now do we???
I think it's very appropriate. If people would start to take protection seriously and not get embarrassed about it, than we'd have a lot less to worry about. Though then again, I'm not a moderator. It's really up to them, isn't it?

And VB, I think I might just take you up on that offer. I have some friends that are going to Towson that I would like to visit.

baltimoron:
I think it's very appropriate. If people would start to take protection seriously and not get embarrassed about it, than we'd have a lot less to worry about. Though then again, I'm not a moderator. It's really up to them, isn't it?

Well maybe if this was "STD.info.edu" you might have a point but since this is "scubaboard.com", diving might be be a more appropriate topic eh? :wink:

And best of luck in college. Heady days, the college days were, i remember them very fondly. The best advise i can give is to study as hard as you play and play as hard as you study. Too much of one or the other makes Jack a very dull or dumb boy. Neither of which works well in the long term.

Oh and try not to go completely gonzo and flunk out in your first semester. That is always a good start. :D

TCDiver1:
Well maybe if this was "STD.info.edu" you might have a point but since this is "scubaboard.com", diving might be be a more appropriate topic eh? :wink:

And best of luck in college. Heady days, the college days were, i remember them very fondly. The best advise i can give is to study as hard as you play and play as hard as you study. Too much of one or the other makes Jack very dull or dumb boy. Neither of which works well in the long term.

Oh and try not to go completely gonzo and flunk out in your first semester. That is always a good start. :D

I partied the most first semester and had the highest GPA...where did those days go?!

Back
Top Bottom