Cold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone will tell you dry suit because that's all they know and that's what's available. I personally use a custom electronic heated wet suit 160 watts but only one exists and it's not for sale, but you can try my backup system which I used many times. The chemical heater.

Make a custom neoprene pouch 4mm, 12 inch by 10 inches., fill it with snap chemical heat packs (6-9 lbs), then stuff it in your wetsuit on your chest, 10 minutes before you dive. Its a lot cheaper and easier than a dry suit and will work

one more tip get a modern 7mm wet suit with watertight wrist and ankle seals, like a Henderson aqua lock, Bare or Waterproof brand

there is one company that makes this Mangrove thermo heated vest dch-v from aditech-usa.com. If you don't want to make one yourself.

1. Premium and most expensive--Custom electronic wetsuit $6000+
2. Dry suit with heater $4000-$5000
3. Dry suit no heater $2000-$3000
4. New wetsuit plus thermo chemical $1000
5. homemade heat pack $200

there are many options depending on your budget.
You’d need a 12 mm full suit minimum to equal a dry suit. Don’t heated suit only heat where the heater is? Will see how Henderson handles 7 mm Aqualock expensive suit coming apart after a few dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom