cold water wet suit hoods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jacek

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
what constitutes a good hood fit? I'm thinking of diving if very cold water this weekend (dry suit) and I've tried several hoods on in my bath tub in freezing water.. my forehead gets cold very quickly.. does that mean that the hood is too loose ?

also if I try certain brands like the henderson gold core 6.5 mm hood it tends to push my jaw in too much.. the large and even the extra large size.. does that matter at all?
any pointers? thanks
:cold:

looking into semi-dry hoods....no matter what, you're forehead is going to get a little bit cold. A good hood is Snug, but not uncomfortable. IF it is pushing your jaw in too much, the hood might not be rotated on your head correctly. My mask seal on my forehead fits completly under my hood...almost to where the hood is touching the top of the mask.

I had a good DUI dry suit hood for four years and never used it because it dident feel as though it fit right:bonk:
I finaly trimed the neck and face seal to get a "custom fit and now i cant belive it took so long to relize this:rolleyes:

Find a hood that feels comfertable and if it covers too much trim it back a good seal around the face and a snug fit on top of your head will reduce water flow that causes cooling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom