Cold water reg test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAPRO MK17/X650 is the best in their test.
But, where is MK17 in U.S.? It might be next year?

hoosier:
SCUBAPRO MK17/X650 is the best in their test.

Where does it say that? All I found was:
Among the other expensive regulators, the all-new Scubapro MK17/X650 probably gave the most comfortable breathe, while the Poseidon certainly gave as much air as anyone could reasonably wish for.

or is that more of a personal preference. I am actually surprised that the Oceanic got such good reviews, and that so many of the testers complained about the Apeks breathing wet

I said

"in their test"

And they said,

"the most comfortable"

Tamas:

or is that more of a personal preference. I am actually surprised that the Oceanic got such good reviews, and that so many of the testers complained about the Apeks breathing wet

Tamas:

But it does breath a bit wet inverted, not that I am inverted much if at all. The one thing that I noted was that they said the Apeks had a big reputation but never really said if it lived up to it. It sounded like they were not so sure that it lived up to its reputation when put to the test. I have been wanting to try a blizzard since my OW instructor (and a friend) dives primarily sherwood regs and told me to give them a try. I might have to rent an Oceanic too just to see. Be nice to do my own tests.

i found this type of reporting with testers recounting their often very different subjective impressions and the lack of real conclusions a bit confusing. i would think that you ought to be able to design a lab test to evaluate resistance to icing. that could have been helpful as an input. what they did was just to have a bunch of guys go diving on a cold day and see what happens. not much did happen so you end up being about a s smart after as you were before. did they even mention the water and air temp?

Really... Super..... So, MK16 will be gone?

akscubainst:
MK17 is due out in the US in the next month.

Dave

Tamas,
Nothing personal!:wink: Just make sure of it:D Personally, I have three SP regs and one Apeks. But, I prefer Apeks a little bit more...... So, I don't agree Apeks has not been top rated....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom