Cold Water Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am looking into replacing the battery in the camera with 3-4 AAA batterys. The voltage on the batterys now are 3.7 and the charger/transformer is 5 volt. Three AAA is 4.5 volt and should work fine and they will fit in the bottom of the housing. Does anyone know if there are any issues with changing these lithiom batterys to alkoline or nicad?

AndyT:
A friend of mine has the same setup as you do and uses 2200 Nimh batteries also in 50 deg water and less and gets at least 2 dives out of his batteries and some viewing of images in between .

I was curious if going with a higher milliamp/hr rating would help.

I used to use 1700 mah in my Oly5050 for hundreds of cold water dives (38-55F), with no noticeable effect. But perhaps this camera and housing combo has a lower thermal losses around the batteries than what you're using.

I just moved up to the 2500 mah batteries and got tons of time when diving in Roatan. Maybe some of that time increase was from the water temp as well. {shrug}

Back
Top Bottom