Cold water gear bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adl218

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for a gear bag that will hold a full set of cold water gear. I am talking dry suit, undergarment, hoot, gloves, rock boots, BC, regs, fins, lights. Does anyone have a bag that will hold all of this stuff?

Are you sure you want all that stuff in 1 bag? Between overall weight and ending up with a soggy undergarment it sounds nasty.

How about weight system, or are you fully integrated? BYO weights?

Pete

I use a DUI weight harness and my integrated BC for weighting. I wouldn't have a problem with a soggy undergarment until the trip home and then it doesn't matter. I always bring a folded up dry suit bag and a mesh gear bag to use once I am at my destination.

When diving locally I do use the rubbermaid tote in the back of my car. I am talking about one to take on the airplane.

Okay, it's for flying....

So for the sake of avoiding over sized baggage fees what does all of this weigh, including a dampness allowance for the trip home if it won't be fully dry by then.

Well weight and size are a problem. Right now I have the Akona Elite Roller Bag and fully loaded it weighs 63 pounds, and that's without the undergarment in it because it wouldn't fit. Fortunately I am a Platinum with Delta, so I can have up to 70 pounds, but a bag weighing that much is a lot to carry. There has to be a better way to transport all of this stuff.

If you are hauling a drysuit most probably an international destination ..........

If it were me, I would use two cheap Wal-Mart style roller duffels.........

M

I carry-on my regs, computer, can light, mask, compass and dive knife...er...no...minus the dive knife :) The rest (bp wings, steel plate, suit, fins etc.) I can get into a "regular" suitcase. Wet gear in a plastic bag when needed)...all well under 50lbs.

When diving locally I do use the rubbermaid tote in the back of my car. I am talking about one to take on the airplane.

I use The North Face pvc gear bag - size large for tropical trips. They have an xtra large size that would probably fit your drysuit as well. It is a duffle that has back pack straps as well. I too think your bag would be too heavy for the airlines depending on the type of drysuit you have. Mine ends up at about 45 pounds with a 5mm wet suit, boots, jet fins, alum. back plate with 30# wing, cloths, and miscellaneous bits. Maybe you could use two bags as the international limit per bag is 50 lbs. I used to use an LL Bean large roller duffle that was nondescript but the wheels add a little weight.

Back
Top Bottom