cold water bolt snaps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericfine50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have a source for the large bolt snaps (the good ones from Italy)?

Thanks
Eric

I just bought a bunch of 3/4" stainless steel ones off eBay - 15 for $38 posted! Works out about $2.53 each, instead of the $6.50 which seems to be the LDS average asking price.

The guy also sells 1 1/8" ones in lots of 10, which are probably the ultimate for cold water, although mine feel okay to use in 5mm gloves (on land anyway, haven't dived them yet). Here's his eBay page

These are some chunky quality bolt snaps! Not sure where they're made, but I think the brand is MAST or something similar.

Ben

Thanks! I might have to get me some of those.
Eric

Comparative shopping for stainless steel bolt snaps -

dhnix on eBay - $2.53 ea posted (in lots of 15)
Reef Scuba - $6.99 or $7.99 ea + shipping (they don't say exact sizes on their website)

Their bungee cord was also overpriced. Reef Scuba does have a large selection of those hard to find bits though if you want to grab it all in one transaction.

Ben

I paid $8 a peice for them at my LDS thru Halcyon. I didnt care i wanted them and didnt feel like looking around much. I got 3/4 and 1.25", about 6 of each.

Andy

The brass ones are fine for predominately freshwater diving. The good ones have stainless steel springs in them. My two local diveshops carry the ones with the BIG holes in the end so you can manipulate them with gloves or mitts on. Most shops can get what you want as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom