cold water aeris reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedCash02

Contributor
Reaction score
I have an aeris atmos sport regulator and I'm planning on doing some cold water diving in the future. The manual states not to take it below 50 degrees until you have an enviromental protection package is installed. Does anyone know what all it is and how much it costs?
AlsoIs it really needed? It's has enviromentally sealed diaphram, not a piston. You don't hear much about these regs on the board even though I really like mine and it's a great price.

I have heard alot of good things about them, and all though it says it is environmentally sealed it apears that it is just a regular diaphragm reg. I think that 50 deg. s really quite a buffer for the safety and would not think twice about crossing the 50 deg. mark. It is when you get into the low forties and high thirties that you have to consider the seal. I would think that the "seal" sold is probably just a piece of rubber that advises you to seal it with silicone of some sort..

yeah I really enjoy the regulator. I think it'd be the perfect starting regulator for someone purchasing their first set of gear like me. I don't even own a drysuit so I doubt I'll ever been in water cold enough. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't aware of some major problem that was could potentially occur if it went below 50 without that kit.

Back
Top Bottom