cold vs warm light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Solus backup, and OMS K2 and both are narrow beams, the Solus being built very solidly is my emergency back up, the OMS I use as a day light looking under ledges etc I have a DR LED500 as my general purpose night light. I also have a Tusa/Intova 42 degree 130 lumen wide which I like for clear water night as it lights up a nice area but the switch has failed and it runs on rather spendy CR123s. I thought that a 75degree beam would be nice and wide for lighting up a large area in place of my Tusa wide, but was worried that 75 degree would be too wide and also if I went with a 75 degree head would the 750 lumen be too bright and or would the 240 lumen be too dim. Problem is I cant try them or see them prior to purchase so need to base my purchase on replies from people more knowledgeable than myself. Was hoping that a clear recommendation could be made but Im learning its more complex than I thought. Hmmm still not entirely sure where to go with this. I was (Packhorse) looking at a MB-Sub variable focus 240 lumen that was originally listed as 3-45 degree but was later corrected as 3-25 degree so thought that this would again be basically semi narrow and perhaps not dissimilar to my DR LED500. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated. For the record I dont want a signaling light and do not cave dive, just plain old OW diving. Cheers again.

PS Will, that Barbo 3x MC-E looks like some serious light.

I agree 20~ is more than necessary unless doing video
PS I`am sold on 5000-6500K for underwater on LI>NY.
now LED OR HID and what size or is that how deep are your pockets

PS Will, that Barbo 3x MC-E looks like some serious light.
It is insanely bright. That light was commissioned by the owner/founder of Barbolight. As you can imagine, he has plenty of other lights, but he wanted something as bright as I could build, to have a fairly wide beam for video/photography as closer distances, and with no worries about runtine (since he would only turn it on for photos or for short films). He seems happy with it :D

Will

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom