Cold and warm water reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll definately consider these for the future. I just purchased the Tusa RS-130 (Platina I believe). I know it's not a cold water reg, but the previous posts have convinced me that I'm not doing "true" cold water diving anyway. The RS-130 was the one Scuba Toys recommended, and ended up ordering from them.

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Happy diving!

I don't mean to downplay your diving but no, I would not class your diving as "real" cold water. The Tusa is not a bad way to go. They are a Scubapro clone regulator and perform ok too. I don't know if there is a parts warranty on them though...

No problem Rescue. I'm not offended. I just have purely recreational interests right now, not tech. I'm happy with that. I'm told that Tusa has a lifetime parts warranty. Sounds pretty good :)

paperdesk:
No problem Rescue. I'm not offended. I just have purely recreational interests right now, not tech. I'm happy with that. I'm told that Tusa has a lifetime parts warranty. Sounds pretty good :)

Which is nice to hear. Someone not completely obsessed with the minute difference in breathing between two of the world's best regs and then bringing everyone to the table to vote. Put it this way. At least if you ever do expand your training and purchase another reg, you will have a good appreciation for it. I know that I did when I went from sherwood blizzard to AtX50. If anything make sure you get it serviced routinely. and enjoy. Treat your reg like a hermit crap treats a shell. not like a lottery winner treats his BMW....

Back
Top Bottom