Trip Report CocoView Resort May 8-15, 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few people have uttered that at CCV. One guy is a really well known internet “expert on all things SCUBA”. He later went on to ask that a dive site be named after him. CCV treated him in a manner that apparently caused him to hold a lifelong grudge against the resort. He finally got booted off of SB and found an occasional platform in a paid newsletter.

CCV doesn’t suffer pomposity well.

Lol. These places probably get barraged with requests from "bloggers" and "youtubers" and such, looking for comps. And the comps for publicity can be beneficial in some cases but I doubt CCV needs it as they aren't having any issues selling rooms. And I think a reviewer should make such arrangements in advance and graciously accept No for an answer.

Richard,

Thanks for such a comprehensive Trip Report, brought back many great memories! I'm a CocoNut (8 trips, although I haven't been since 2001) and had the pleasure of Diving with Doc on a couple of occasions. I remember some great night dives especially on CoCoView wall and an "enduro" dives where they dropped us off way east which allowed us a 90+ minute leisurely swim back to the resort.

Thanks again!!

Bob
Bethesda, MD

That's part of Roatan's SOSUS system .... the sharks use them to gauge the size of their next meal.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom