Cocoview equip rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastamp

Reaction score
Hi,

My wife and I are going to Cocoview next week and we are very excited. I have heard great things about the resort. They seem to have reasonable prices for equipment rental, has anyone had any problems with the rental equipment? We could make arrangements to rent here but it certainly is a long haul from Calgary.(Canada) We would appreciate any info you could give us?:)

Hi,

I know that most Cocoview info is found on the Central America forum but since this forum seems to get a little more traffic I thought I would try it here as well. My wife and I are travelling to Cocoview next week. (We are really excited and have heard some great things about the resort) We are planning on renting equipment there as it is a long haul with alot of gear from Calgary. (Canada) Does anyone have any info on what the state of the gear is at Cocoview? We could always rent gear here if it is recommended.:)

Hi scubastamp

I was there last August and as I forgot my DIN adapters I had to look for them in the whole island (by phoning LDS and dive ops) and after I've found them they promiss to deliver next day, so I've made two dive with CocoView regulatores. I hated them.

Maybe because I own Jetstreams I've founded very hard to breath from theirs ...

this is just my opinion about their regulators, but all stuff seemed in perfect conditions and the guys at CocoViews Dive Shop are great!

I can't remember the rental prices (they were kind enough not to charge me the regulators) but if you send them an email, I'm sure they'll reply.

Have fun and take care!

Sue

CoCo View is run as though all the guests are members of the family. I haven't actually rented any gear from them, but I've never heard anything bad about it either.

We'll be there next week as well.....in fact, there are 26 of us going as a group from Texas and Florida. We'll see you there (I don't think you'll be able to miss us!).

Have a great time!

Thanks,

I am not sure that the regulators we could rent here would be better. It might be time to invest in our own. Difficult to justify when we seem to only get away for a dive vacation every two years. (In fact the last one was to the Great Barrier reef in the summer of 2001) If no one has any negatives about the condition of the equipment we will probably rent there.:D

Thanks for the info,

We are going on April 19th, I am sure that we won't miss your group. It should be alot of fun. Is everyone in your group experienced? My wife and I each have about fifty dives under our belts so we are not experts but do feel comfortable on almost any dive. Once you have done your dry suit training in 46 degree temp with 15 foot visibility (Not that there was much to see at the bottom of that lake) most dives seem very comfortable. We have been to the Red Sea, Dominica, and Great Barrier Reef and are really excited to experience diving in Roatan. It may be time to buy our own equipment, but it is difficult to justify when we only seem to get away to dive every second year.

Looks like we're going to miss you. We're going tomorrow (the 12th) and coming home on the 19th. We'll try not to use up all the good diving, but there are no guarantees.

BTW, we try to time our trips to coincide with the full moon (great for night dives). The full moon this month is Wednesday, the 16th. We're praying for clear skies.

Have a great time on your trip!

We may catch you next time. Hope you have great weather. Are there any little pieces of "inside info" that a Cocoview veteran can give to a first timer? Besides the obvious bug spray.

JD

You might want to take some Zantac. The beans and rice are wonderful, but they tend to remind you of breakfast quite often during the morning dives. I found that taking a Zantac in the morning kept me quite comfortable.

Otherwise, just prepare to relax and enjoy. It's a slow paced, quiet kind of place.

Back
Top Bottom