Cocos with Argo, September 10-20, 2021, $1000 off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reactions: Dan
I received the following update from my travel agent about entry requirement for Costa Rica, below. Basically, if you are vaccinated, you are exempt for purchasing health insurance that would cover for Covid.

“Hi everyone,

Hope you are all excited for your upcoming trip to Cocos aboard the Argo next month.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

Here are the current entry requirements for Costa Rica, please make sure to read it thoroughly:

https://www.visitcostarica.com/en/costa-rica/statement-costa-rica-tourism-board-covid-19

Basically all tourists must either purchase a health insurance that would cover for Covid (if not fully vaccinated and capable of uploading proof of full vaccination to the Health App), either with 2 Costa Rican insurance companies (link to these insurances is included in this link), or an international insurance that would cover and certify in writing what the Costa Rican Government requires for entry. (See details inside above link)

An online Health Pass (App Questionnaire) must be filled out in order to enter the country too. You must upload the health insurance to this app or in its defect, proof of being fully vaccinated.

If cleared, then a QR code will be produced, which all tourists must download, as it is a vital requirement to be allowed in to show this QR Code at Customs with the green light that the person has been approved for entry.

BOARDING REQUIREMENTS

Although the Costa Rica government is no longer asking for a PCR Molecular Covid test to enter, the boat does request that all passengers get a PCR Molecular Test and send it via email with the negative result, so that we can have a safe bubble on board.

This applies to fully vaccinated passengers as well. Sending the PCR test results is now also a requirement from the Park Authorities for all Cocos Island tourists and crew, including those that are vaccinated.

The test should be done in the neighborhood of 72 hours to 48 prior to your flight if you arrive shortly before the trip sails. Up to 4 days 5 maximum prior to the expedition is ok to get tested, but more than this is not, as it increases exposure to contagion drastically. Please send the test results at least one day prior to departure in order to board the shuttle from San Jose.

If you are arriving in Costa Rica for a longer period before the trip to Cocos, you can get the test done 24-48 hours before the trip for about $100 and get results in less than 48 hours.

Here is a link with full details of where to get your PCR test in Costa Rica:

Where to Get a Covid-19 Test in Costa Rica - Two Weeks in Costa Rica

DEPARTURE REQUIREMENTS

-As there are now new requirements for a PCR test for reentry to many countries, please make sure you take this into account to coordinate return flight logistics in accordance and please make sure to be clear of your reentry requirements with your airlines, as nowadays they are constantly changing and are different for each country.

SJO Airport now offers on site testing for antigen ($65), 24 hour PCR ($99), and 3 hour quick PCR ($240).

You must make your appointment here:

Morpho Travel Retail and Echandi laboratories: Covid PCR and Antigen test

The boat can drop you off at the airport at 10.30 AM after the expedition.

NOTE that there are long lines to get tested at this lab stand at the airport, and that it is 400 meters away from Departures.

If you are staying on in Costa Rica after the trip, some hotels are even offering the service of getting the test at the hotel for an extra cost. Check if your hotel offers this.

Here are the boat’s Covid19 protocols during the expedition and for the transfer:

News - #DiveSafe Dive Cocos | Safety COVID-19 Protocols

--

Tim Yeo
Bluewater Travel | www.bluewaterdivetravel.com
3961 Sepulveda Blvd Suite 206, Culver City, CA 90230
Phone 310-915-6677 | Text 424-272-1927 | Fax 310-943-1706
PADI Staff Instr 488378 | SDI Inst Trainer 15411”

I have a group trip to Cocos with Argo last year, Gathering a group for Cocos with Argo on 10-20 September 2020 that has been rescheduled to September 10-20, 2021. One of my buddies is canceling his trip and willing to discount his spot by $1000 if anyone would like to take his spot.

Hi. I am interested, but have few questions since your message was concise and we are talking serious amount of money.

The discount is $1000, but how much do I have to pay? For what cabin type? Current price is what by the agency (to know what is included in price)? Is the trip confirmed sailing , i.e. how many people are booked now? Will you be on the trip or you are only announcing the empty slot? How will we arrange my payment , to you or your buddy, to agency and then they give you the refund?

Thanks

The trip cost is $6445, September 10-20, 2021: Cocos aboard the Argo 1 Includes 11day / 10night cruise with all meals, all nonalcoholic drinks and
beer; Divemaster service; three dives per day with all nitrox fills, tanks and
weights. Seven full days of actionpacked diving.
Not included items are $490 per person for the Cocos Island National Park fee (subject to change) and $100 per person for Ground and marine transportation from San José to the pier
and return.
All passengers should obtain trip insurance in case they have to cancel their trip due to unforeseen reasons and all passengers must be covered by Diving Specific Insurance for the duration of the trip. General insurances with diving coverage unfortunately are not accepted for this purpose.
Due to the possible increase in the cost of diesel, based on events in the past few years, the Undersea Hunter Group reserves the right to charge a US$200.00 per person Fuel Surcharge. This fee will be effective in the event that the diesel price published by Costa Rica’s state owned refinery, RECOPE, reaches US$3.80 per gallon (US$1.00 per liter). We will verify the fuel index table 75 days prior to the departure date and if it is necessary to collect a fuel surcharge then we will inform the participants of the trip. The surcharge will be collected onboard. Subtract $1000 off, your balance would be $5445.

It’s a cabin for double occupancy. So, you’ll be sharing the cabin with another guest if it’s full boat.

Yes the trip is a go. I think it has 4 spots (2 cabins) are still available. The boat has 9 cabins to accommodate 18 divers. So 14 are already paid, including myself, and ready to go. I have booked my flights & hotel reservation for the trip. I can check with the boat for how many are still available today, if you like.

You’ll arrange the trip with my Travel Agent, Tim Yeo of Bluewater Travel.

You can pay with credit card. Just mention to him that this is for Dan’s group with $1000 off.

Please let me know first if you want to take this offer as there’s someone else is interested.

Thanks
Dan

I’m the group leader of this half charter of the boat. We originally planned to go last year, but COVID-19 closed Costa Rica last September. So we rescheduled the trip to September this year, but some of my buddies would not be able to join me at this time and planned to go at later time.

The $1000 off is for one spot. The other 3 spots are for $450 off. If that 3 spots filled up, then an additional $300 off will be added to all of dives in my group, including me.

Thanks Dan.
Very useful info to me , and also to others.
I will communicate with you using private messages

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom