Cocos trip report & pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmmm... undersea hunters does both cocos and malpelos... oooh, I didn't know that... dang, already put a deposit down for the aggressor... oh well, save that for next time... :eyebrow:

pakman:
hmmm... undersea hunters does both cocos and malpelos... oooh, I didn't know that... dang, already put a deposit down for the aggressor... oh well, save that for next time... :eyebrow:

Mike, too "bad" for your coming trip but I bet that Cocos is definitely going to ROCKS as well. I think since I'll be travelling half around the world so gotta do both at the same time. Would love to do the 100 meters deep sub dive...damn expensive but what the heck!! Planning to rob the bank or some very rich friends soon :p or maybe just live on bread and water diet for the next 12 months ...GREAT...can lose few kilos ..hehe..

http://www.underseahunter.com/uh.htm

Jovin-

Yes we booked with the following group to try something a little different, we go out April 16th of 2008, 13 day trip: http://www.imagingfoundation.org

To get the tax write off you must do 4hrs of "work" per day. This may include fish ID, editing, depends on your skills and interests. But if you just want to dive you are free to do just that, you just can write the trip off.

When we went out to Cocos last year the dive guides said Mapleo is a bit of a crap shoot. It can be amazing or it can be a bust. In fact when were out on the Undersea Hunter the Sea Hunter cut their Mapleo diving short and moved to Cocos. But since we are repeating we thought we would give it a try.

Ken Kurtis:
I just got back from a 10-day trip on the Okeanos Aggressor out to Cocos Island off Costa Rica's western coast. For those interested . . .
I'm curious why you dove on air? You actually admit that nitrox adds a safety factor if you dive it on air tables, or that it adds to bottom time if you dive it on nitrox tables, and all for less than $4 a tank, a pittance since you were already saving big $$ by taking on a FAM trip. Is your personal safety really not worth that much to you, or did you just not care about the additional bottom time you could get for an extra $4 a tank even after the long travel required to get to the island?

P.S. How did Wayne like putting his used TP in the trash cans? That was the part that most annoyed me, besides the moldy a/c, the overcrowded dining and camera tables, and the practical impossibility of verifying one's own nitrox fill.

Hey, Ken... those pictures are nothing compared to the ones I have of you at the Avalon Harbor Clean-Up. I'm threatening to post them here on SB if you don't take me on the next trip! Just teasing ya. Sounds like a great trip (no surprise).

Wow, sounds like an amazing trip. i definitely have to put this site on my list of must-sees! One day ...

Thanks for posting : )

Thanks for the report. I am booked end of May to early April, in fact I believe you will be boarding the boat as we exit. Hopefully this is a good time of year! Great pics as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom